The jury is still out who she looks more like - Steven sees those Koningsberg cheeks very prominently, but looking at both Steven and Lisa's baby pictures, both parents are evident in Melissa. We agree (and of course we are biased) that she's a cutie though.
The first full day has gone pretty well. Melissa seems to be mostly interested in one thing, and it ain't 80s music (although I certainly will start trying to influence that quickly - yay for XM throughout the house). Steven's pinky has only substituted for a few minutes at a time - she isn't fooled that easily with something only Mommy can provide.
Thanks to all for the emails and best wishes. Melissa looks forward to meeting each and every one of you soon (although play dates will need to wait a few weeks per her pediatrician's instructions).
Also, I realized today that I forgot to give credit where it is due for the idea for this blog - inspiration (well, imitation, which is the most sincere form of flattery) provided by Kirsten and Tom Hanrahan, who created a blog when their son Liam was due. For those who don't know, Kirsten gets credit for creation of Melissa (yes yes yes, indirectly) - she is primarily responsible for setting Lisa and I up on a blind date (yes, Marni, you too collaborated on the set up).
Now, I wasn't as good with pictures today - got a few good shots of grandparents Solomon below at least. I will try to be more consistent going forward.
Steven's favorite gadget still is "My Breast Friend". Actually, I said that was my favorite gadget before I knew what it was or what it looked like, because I like the name. Every time I say it or someone says it out loud it makes me smile. Yes, I am easily amused.
In the category of "anyone can call themselves a consultant", "lactation consulting" is a great name for a field. Kroll does so many types of consulting - maybe we should add this expertise to our repertoire? I think a great marketing byline for this profession would be "we will be your breast friend"! Not sure if that would impact any trademarks...
OK, done with the Steven comments. Lisa will probably start moderating the blog soon after reading this post.
2 comments:
She is such a cutie!! Congratulations to you both!
Congratulations guys. She's just beautiful. I hope the first day at home went well.
Thinking of you both, jennifer byler
Post a Comment